A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual.
Pukeko ELC Ltd. (“PukekoELC” / “we” / “us” / “our”) understands and respects the importance of your privacy and is committed to safeguarding your personal information.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We only collect the information necessary to provide our services. We generally collect and hold the following types of personal information:
- name, address and contact details (for example email, phone and fax) – including for parents/guardians and their child(ren);
- information about identity (for example date of birth) – including for parents/guardians and their child(ren);
- government identifiers (for example Customer Reference Number) – including for parents/guardians and their child(ren);
- information about financial affairs (for example banking details, payment details) – including for parents/guardians and their child(ren).
On occasions, a range of sensitive information may also be collected or held about individuals. For example, this may include:
- health information (which may include information about an individual’s medical history, immunisations, allergies, special needs, disabilities or injuries) – including for parents/guardians and their child(ren);
- any applicable court order relating to the individual; and
- the individual’s ethnic or racial origin.
Where you provide sensitive information to us, you consent to us using that sensitive information for the purpose for which it was collected.
Collection and storage of personal information
PukekoELC collects personal information through a number of different methods, including:
- PukekoELC suite of software applications
- email communications;
- Text / SMS message (where you subscribe to GoText);
- telephone communications;
- electronic and paper-based forms; and
We collect information automatically collected about your interaction with our website. This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, your contact history (if there is any), etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
We collect information that you give us when using a contact form on our website. This information is emailed to us and may also be kept in our website database. You can request us to remove this information from our records at any time. We use this information to contact you by phone and/or email and provide our services to you.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to enhance your customer experience; fulfil an obligation under law or contract; and provide our service to you. For example, registering your account, providing you with other products and services that you have requested, providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services, communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services.
We use your personal data on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent. On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to identify you.
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product.
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing.
On the grounds of legitimate interest, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalised offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners).
- to administer and analyse our client base (purchasing behaviour and history) to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/services offered.
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction.
With your consent, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners); and
- for other purposes we have asked previously your consent for.
We process your personal data to fulfil obligation rising from law, and/or use your personal data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise personal data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised.
How long we retain your data
We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but no longer than is necessary.
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, including website administrative login, please note that it is your responsibility to ensure your username and password remain secret and are not shared with anyone unless there is assurance of their ability to protect this information and use it for the purposes you allow them.
Our contact information
You can contact us at
If you wish to:
- seek correction of or obtain access to your personal information;
- ask about how your personal information is collected, used, held or disclosed; or
- make a complaint about a breach of your privacy,
please contact our office using the following contact details:
146 Brightside Road, Stanmore Bay, Whangaparaoa 0932